- Friday -Go to dinner with friends and their adorable 18 month old son.
- Saturday - Go to the Home Show in Valley Forge to get ideas for the kitchen redo that we keep talking about.
- Sunday - relax and get the cleaning and shopping done. Maybe hit the bookstore.
This morning I reflected on the reality of our weekend.
- Friday night - Get puked on, call friends to cancel plans, put Michael to bed, change Michael's PJs and wash sheets, change Michael again and wash sheets again.
- Saturday - Give up on going to the home show, suggest Andy take the time to get a run in, walk up to the park to see if I can find Andy's keys, leave personal information with park rangers and heart run even coordinators, drive Andy's car back to house, walk three miles through park looking for keys while pushing a hot and sick kid in a stroller, dig out spare keys from back of junk drawer, catch puke in bucket, only change and wash Michael's sheets once over night.
- Sunday - Start laundry and do grocery shopping, notice that Michael's fever is down, decided to risk it and take Michael to Kohl's and then Learning Express, leave Learning Express when Michael turns green, take Michael's temperature and see it spiked to 104.4, panic, look up local Urgent Care centers, determine that they don't know what the word Urgent means, try to slip into Walgreens Take Care Clinic 15 minutes before they close only to discover that the Nurse Practitioner had already closed down and left for the day, take Michael's temperature again before heading to ER, sigh with relief, change and wash Michael and his sheets once over night.
You know, I could really use a vacation right about now. Vegas anybody?