Thursday, September 2, 2010

Randomness

I've been really, really busy at work this week so I haven't had much time to blog. We had a great weekend and some funny stuff has happened, but I melted my brain on Tuesday and lost the posts I had written in my head. So, that means randomness!

  • I know this will jinx it, but so far I'm loving the 4-year-old stage. Michael is so sweet and cuddly that I almost wish he could stay at this stage forever. I love when he wants to sit squished between Andy and I while watching TV. I love all of the "I Love You"s. I love having his long, gangly legs hanging off my lap as I read him bedtime stories.
  • I don't, however, love having him insist upon being carried all of the time. He's just getting too heavy for that.
  • But, I do it anyway because I'm what my dad calls a "soft touch."
  • The other day at the grocery store, Michael did something that was clearly a bad idea and I said "Dude? What were you thinking?" His response was, "Why do you keep calling me dude? My name is Michael."
  • I just rolled my eyes. How do you explain "dude" to a 4-year-old?
  • Michael is becoming very aware of genders and has been creating boys and girls clubs with his friends. It all seems to make sense to him until I point out that M, one of his favorite people in the entire world, is a girl. He's really not sure what to make of that. He wants her to be in his club, but she's a girl. I think it might be time to pick up a copy of Free to Be You and Me.
  • I'd get him the Feminine Mystique, but that's not really bedtime story reading.
  • And, it might be a little over his head.
  • And, since I'm bring up gender issues, here's a great blog post that I think every woman can appreciate. It's titled Dear Menses. Enjoy!

2 comments:

London said...

I'm glad you're loving four. Personally, I'm not a big fan! Batman decided it's time for him to start peeing standing up this week. *sigh* I guess I've put it off as long as I possibly could.

Stacey said...

I think four is just okay. Cole constantly needs to be touching me and I probably don't appreciate his affection as much as I could. I'm glad it's working out for you though.