- I picked up several new Scooby Doo books at the book store after realizing the only way I'd ever put an end to the "Scooby Doo and the Rotten Robot" craze would be to start a new craze.
- I've read "Scooby Doo and the Cupcake Caper" every night for the five nights. It's an improvement. For now.
- Guess what Michael and I made the other night? Halloween cupcakes, just like in the Scooby Doo book.
- I really wish there was a "Scooby Doo Eats His Fruits and Vegetables" book.
- I also really wish my sinus infection didn't destroy my senses of taste and smell. Eating a tasteless cupcake was kind of like eating a sponge.
- As part of the treatment of my sinus infection, the doctor has me applying antibiotic ointment directly in my nose four times a day. That means I need to do one of them while I'm at work. I couldn't figure out any way to do this that wouldn't look weird, so I ended up locked in a bathroom stall with a tube of ointment and a Q-tip. I know its silly, but it just felt wrong.
- Really, it's probably wrong for me to even be at work, but I'm out of sick time and I'll be damned if I use vacation time if I can still walk. I was hoping the program manager would hear how bad I sound and take pity on me, but I don't think he could hear me over his own coughing. D'oh.
- Going back to last week, when I picked Michael up from daycare on Friday his teacher asked me if he was switching to the Tuesday/Thursday schedule. She seemed surprised when I responded with a "no". Michael must have been very convincing with his argument if he tricked (another) daycare teacher into believing him. I mean, come on, he's four. Who believes a four year old? That sure says a lot about the power of self confidence.
- Maybe I should look for a "Scooby Doo Doesn't Tell Fibs" book along with that healthy eating book.
- I'm so screwed.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
I know, I know, I owe you all a post about Las Vegas. This is not going to be it. It turns out that the strep infection I had last week was only the tip of the iceberg. In addition, I had some congestion issues going on in my head. Those congestion issues turned into a raging sinus infection over the weekend and I've been dealing with all kinds of grossness that I'll be kind enough not to share. It's been making me feel horrible, has thrown off my sense of equilibrium, and has left my poor wittle nose very tender. I seem to be improving a little, so I'm going to give some randomness a try. If I fail at randomness and end up with a coherent post, well that would simply be amazing.