Thursday, November 4, 2010

Scatterings from the Scatter-brained

Ah yes, it's that time of the week again. The time when I don't even try to pretend that my posts make any sense.

  • There is a child in Michael's class that could be either a boy or a girl. The child's name ends with "a" but it's not based on a romantic language, so I'm not sure that means it's a girl's name. I was excited to finally meet the child at the Halloween parade, but I discovered a child with long hair wearing a pirate costume. Even the way Michael talks about the child is ambiguous. I'd mostly settled on boy.
  • Last night I had a brilliant idea. I actually asked Michael if the child was a boy or a girl. "She's a girl." I'm glad I asked. (Though embarrassed that I didn't think to ask a month ago when I started to wonder.)
  • Normally when I go to make dinner, Michael gets upset and orders me to not make dinner. Last night, however, instead of trying to stop me he asked me what I was making. He's never asked this before, and I was rather surprised.
  • I told him we were having chicken, broccoli, and white cheddar noodles. He responded happily that he likes that and went and sat at the table.
  • I died from the pure shock of it.
  • Well, not really. But I'm guessing you caught on to that.
  • On the other hand, his response to me putting his Halloween candy on top of the fridge was completely predictable.
  • Now, if I can just keep MY hand out of his Halloween candy, things should be good.

2 comments:

Andy said...

It's funny because I just wrote about being scatter brained recently, like losing my keys, losing my wallet, forgetting what I was talking about. Maybe it's all the sickness from the past month, or maybe you're just starting to rub off on me;) I was shocked too about how much he ate, you should have seen him today at lunch. Ate all the nuggets and the apple fries and choc milk, plus some of my regular fries

Karen said...

That's exactly where the Halloween candy goes in this house too! Unfortunately, it's not out of my reach.