Friday, November 5, 2010

Show Me the Mommy - Operator Error

When I was getting dressed for work last Friday, I decided to wear my favorite shoes. They have a modest two inch heel, but by the end of the work day, my toes were still sore and I was ready to go home and abandon them someplace where Andy would trip over them. The only problem with this plan was that I forgot that I would be standing in the yard at Michael's daycare for his Halloween parade.

As I was waiting for Andy to meet me, I decided to snap a picture of my shoes to post on Twitter so my Tweeps could get a giggle out of it. Here is the picture I snapped.


Photobucket

Clearly, that is not my shoes. The iPhone 4 has a camera on both sides, so you can now take pictures of yourself without a mirror. So, it was a combination of the double camera and operator error that lead to this charming picture.

Once I stopped laughing at myself, I fixed the camera and snapped this picture to post on Twitter.

Photobucket

Stupid shoes to wear for a kid's Halloween parade, but I love them so much, it was completely worth it.

*******************

On a completely unrelated note, I sat through a Program Manager's Meeting this morning. I made a point to watch all of the adults try and sit still through the meeting, just like I watched all the little kids sit still during story time the other day. While the adults were not quite as wiggly as the kids, they really were not that much better. There was tons of foot jiggling, Blackberry fiddling, repositioning, and even one manager who needed to get up and walk around at the back of the room.

So, based on my observations, managers and small children have almost the same capacity to sit still.

8 comments:

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy said...

I gave you an FYI about the Iphone 4 front camera so that you could take pics w/o using a mirror.
I'm always wiggling at meetings because we are normally being told that we're not doing well and so I don't like to make eye contact when I'm getting bad news from bosses.
What's with the show me the mommy thing?

Beth said...

That's hysterical. I love your SMTM pics!

Andy said...

Oh and there seems to be this common misconception that I take too many pictures of your butt. Truth be told, I'm taking a lot of pictures of other things, when suddenly your butt appears in the frame. I try to take a pic of M hanging Xmas decorations, but end up w a butt in frame, I try to take a pic of M with a bowl on his head playing pots like drums, and you go to the oven and there's a butt in the frame. Just to prove that 98% of the time I'm actually not trying to take a pic of your butt, here something I snapped last night http://plixi.com/p/55131245

Julie said...

Love those shoes! Funny post, as usual :)

Lindsay said...

Love the shoes! And Andy, I'm all for our husbands liking our butts enough to photograph them. =)

Andy said...

Lindsay, I did say that it was like 98% of the time accidental. The other 2% are totally intentional. Ok so maybe it's more like 75-25 accidental ;)

LauraC said...

Joanna, sounds like you WANT your butt in the picture.

Do you know what we call that at work when someone does something like that with our software? Not "operator error" We call it "ID 10t error"

or

"ID10t error"