Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful for Randomness

I know everyone is doing their Thankful posts today. I'm not sure what it says about me that I was actually thinking of doing an "I'm so screwed" post today. I guess it means that I'm either ungrateful, or I really am screwed. Then again, they aren't mutually exclusive, are they?

Anyway, why don't I just get to it.

  • The gift shop at Natural Bridge Caverns had tons of awesome dinosaur stuff. We bought Michael a dinosaur dig brick. They typically are made of some kind of plaster and you use tools to uncover the dinosaurs buried inside. They are for kids 8 and up, but Michael loves them, so we keep buying them for him.
  • Michael was unhappy with the tools that came with the set. After trying to work with the hammer and pick, he paused for a moment then asked me to go and get his chisel.
  • Should I be concerned that my 4.5 year old has his own chisel?
  • We had a victory in the food wars last night. Michael, who loves pasta, refuses to eat one of my pasta dishes that he used to eat. He's simply being contrary, but I haven't figured out a way around it until last night. When he refused to eat it, I put Parmesan cheese on it and then told him I was going to eat it. Not wanting to give up his Parmesan, he decided to eat the noodles.
  • After we "made it right" by returning the dinosaurs Michael had swiped from school, he turned around and swiped another one. We have instituted a pat down policy when we pick him up. If we catch him, we'll make him return it right then and there. I hope we don't have to do that.
  • We will be spending Thanksgiving with my family at Aunt Bubbles house. I'm thankful that I have a wonderful family, husband and son. I'm also thankful that I don't have to cook. It's a double win for me.
  • Speaking of Husbands. This is why I'm thankful for mine.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May you be surrounded by love and joy. Also, make sure to save room for desert.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Must remember the pat down, must remember the pat down. I'm thankful Aunt Bubbles is cooking, so we don't have to clean the house! Woo Hoo!

Stacey said...

I love Andy's post! It brought me back to my own mall bookstore working days. Will we ever get this hear the same story from your point of view?

Happy Thanksgiving!