So, since I'm not fully festive yet, I'm just going to do some randmoness...with a twist. The good and the bad of each item.
- Our township held it's annual Christmas parade on Saturday. We walked down to the corner and snuggled up in blankets and watched as some police cars, scout troops, a band, and the fire trucks went by. The Good: We were at the beginning of the route so cub scouts kept dumping candy into Michael's lap. It was as exciting as Halloween for him. The Bad: We have more candy canes than Santa's workshop.
- I did actually rush out and buy a copy of Eclipse on Saturday since I hadn't seen the movie in the theater. The Bad: The movie was really bad. Andy kept cracking jokes, and I think he felt guilty for "ruining" it for. However, his cracks were the best part of the movie. The Good: I paid less for the DVD than if we had seen it in the theater, so hey I wasted less money by waiting.
- I started my Christmas shopping last night around 7:00. The Good: The mall was dead, so I had the best customer service ever. The Bad: There is really nothing interesting at the mall, so I didn't really make a dent in my shopping list.
- Michael loves the XBox Kinect. I mean he loves it. We played it at least an hour or two every day since we got it. The Good: Unlike the Wii, this thing really results in a great aerobic workout. It's great for burning off that 4.5 year old energy that it's too cold to burn outside. The Bad: He insists that I play with him. I'm a little sore.
- Somehow I've become the Christmas cookie queen. It started within my family, but I made the mistake of bringing cookies in to work, and I now have a reputation to maintain. I'm expected to provide everyone's old favorites, but also to try a few new cookies each year. The Bad: I have a cookie dough problem. I love raw cookie dough and end up eating way too much with every batch that I make. This does not jive with my weight maintenance goals for the year. Plus, I'm probably due for a case of salmonella. The good: OMG. COOKIE DOUGH!!!!!