Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Randomness!

It's Wednesday and I'm discombobulated, so lets dive right in.

  • I love the word "discombobulated".
  • I also love the word "epiphany" but it's a lot harder to work into a randomness post.
  • As we were leaving daycare the other day, the director heard Michael ask if we could play bop the balloon when we got home. She laughed and commented that the kids really need to get outside.
  • Having played a good bit of bop the balloon this week, I have to agree with her.
  • Due to winter weather, I've had to come in to work late twice in the last two weeks. I now have three hours of sick time left.
  • It's very tempting to be sick for three hours and I'd consider it except it's supposed to snow on Thursday night. I am not happy about this.
  • If I was mother nature, my new rule would be put up or shut up. If it's going to snow, it needs enough for my company to shut down. Otherwise, no snow.
  • Or ice.
  • Or Fog.
  • In fact, let's just have one big snow storm every year and then the rest of the time it's sunny and 75 degrees. I think we can all agree that that would be nice.
  • What, nature isn't a democracy? That's a shame. I'm pretty sure my platform would get me the win.
  • One of the big drawbacks to these late starts (other than burning up my time off) is that now Michael thinks that I can choose to go into work late and we can stay home and play games instead. Umm...nope.
  • Even if we could, I'd probably pick work over bop the balloon.
  • At this point, I'd probably rather go to the dentist than play bop the balloon.
  • Hmm...maybe Michael isn't the only one with cabin fever, what do you think?

6 comments:

Karla said...

I think sunny and 75 after one huge snow storm sounds PERFECT!!

claudia said...

What is with daycare centers closing and having late starts. This is a recent phenomena. Don't they know that the reason our kids are there is because we are working. I have gotten used to the public schools closing at the first sign of a snow flake. I guess I haven't gotten used to that but have learned to suck it up. I vote for beautiful clean snow all through January and Spring February first.

JenFen said...

The weather you described is basically available here in So Cal if you would be willing to move to the west coast. Oh, but then we get up to 110 in the summer. It's a dry heat though (haha. Little joke from Vegas right?).

I went to the dentist today. Not good news. I think I would rather have been playing bop the balloon.

Hang in there!

Mel said...

I do feel sorry for all you folk up there! Hang in there. Winter can't last forever. Go bop some balloons.

Karen said...

That weather sounds absolutely wonderful. Does a place like that exist?

I so hear you on the cabin fever. Today was the first day we got out of the house to play in over a week! It did wonders for everyone.

Kara said...

I can't believe they are calling for more snow. I didn't even know until yesterday when I noticed our roads had been salted. Huh, what's up with that?! More snow, seriously? We still have snow left over from the last snow.