Friday, January 28, 2011

Show Me the Mommy

Well, if you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you've probably noticed that I have trouble getting with the program. It doesn't matter what the program is, I never pull it off. Blog-versaries? Um...oops. Celebrating blog milestones? Yeah, not so much. Making sure I brush Michael's hair before school? Wait, you don't know about that problem yet. Trust me, it's a problem.

So, as much as I love the show me the mommy posts and look forward to them every week, I routinely fail to get a picture of myself each week. This week was a little different. Michael was playing with my iPhone and decided to take some pictures. He took about 50 of himself, and if you scroll through them really quickly, it's like a film of him opening and closing his mouth. It's so lame that even I don't want to look at them.

He also took some pictures of me. I hammed it up with silly faces for him and decided that I'd use one for Show Me the mommy.

Then, I looked at them. They are somewhat lacking. No, they are really lacking. In fact, they are so bad, I refuse to post them. Instead, I scrolled back a little further until I found one I was willing to post. Here you go!


Photobucket

7 comments:

London said...

You have a great smile!

Mel said...

Oh, Joanna! You are WRONG for that heehee!

Andy said...

Why do blogs have to follow a program or have a running theme? I thought that they were a way to express yourself, and it would seem that following some predetermined trend set by others is counterproductive to expressing yourself. Just a thought, not a criticism.

JenFen said...

To answer Andy's question, the idea of a running theme is to help you come with blogging material on the days you might not otherwise think of something on your own. At least that is what I always thought. Some weeks I follow the theme and some weeks, if I have other ideas in mind, I don't.

Is that Bop the Balloon?

Karen said...

To be honest, I have to say that this picture really doesn't do you justice :) Especially since I met you in person.

Stacey said...

I love how menacing your facial expression is, and I think Michael caught your sarcasm well.

LauraC said...

The idea behind Show Me the Mommy is to encourage mothers to put down the camera and get IN the photo. I started it for myself because I take tons of photos of my kids and husband but I am in very few. I will really regret that when my kids leave home so I do this to challenge myself to get one picture a week of me with my kids.