Monday, February 28, 2011

And Chaos Ensued...

Dude, last week was crazy. That's the only way I can sum up why I didn't blog last week. I even had some things to post about too, I think. It's hard to say, it feels like last week was about a month ago.

The biggest thing that happened last week was my work computer crashed. I've been having trouble for a few weeks, but nothing that a reboot couldn't fix, so it wasn't that surprising when I got the pin-stripe screen of death on Monday morning. Yes, I know it's supposed to be the blue screen of death, but I guess this was just a warning of how bad my laptop was hosed. I don't even think they ever figured out what was wrong with it, but after replacing the hard drive once, and the system board twice, they managed to get me back up and somewhat running. That took two days, and then it took the rest of the week to try and catch up with my work while also fixing all the little things that were not working on the computer. Of course, this all happened when a very high level executive manager was visiting, just to add to the fun.

Let's just say that I was completely and utterly exhausted and frustrated by the end of the week. If I had found time to blog, it would have read something like this, "Blurp snaggle ploop bop gorp." (Yeah, sort of like my tweets, but with fewer typos.)

Thanks goodness that after such a crazy week we were given a rare February treat. Warmish weather! it was 45 on Saturday and 55 on Sunday. I know, not shorts weather or anything, but warm enough to spend some time outside. We hit the arboretum on Saturday and I went for a run on Sunday followed by a trip to the playground with Michael. I may have overdone it a little, by 7:00 last night I was ready to collapse into bed, but the physical exhaustion of playing outside still feels so much better than the mental exhaustion of last week.

I really wasn't ready to come back into work today, but such is life. So far, things have been calmer than last week, but there are still 4.5 days left for that to change.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Glad you are back and hope things settle down for you this week. 45 warmish weather?? DUDE! That is what we call arctic down here in these parts!

Stacey said...

Sorry you had such an exhausting week! I have so much respect for the energy you give to Michael and taking care of your health.

I hope things take a turn for the better soon.

Karen said...

I second Mel! After temps in the 80's for the past 2 days, it's only supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow.