Thursday, May 5, 2011

Glorious

My mom is improving everyday, and last night she finally felt up to a visit from Michael. She's missed him terribly, and so has he. He even told me the other day that he wanted to talk to her doctor and make the doctor let him see her.

My mom lives on the top floor of her apartment building at the farthest point from the elevator. When the elevator doors opened, Michael took off running. My mom heard him coming and stepped out into the hall. Michael ran at top speed down the entire length of the hall until he was in her arms. They wrapped their arms around one another and they were both grinning from ear to ear.

It was glorious.

7 comments:

Karen said...

The title says it all and I am sure you were glad to write it!

LauraC said...

So happy to hear this news!

Lindsay said...

Awww!

claudia said...

I know that was one happy grandma.

Karla said...

Awww! So glad they were able to visit and that your Mom is handling everything well.

Julie said...

Wonderful! I am reminded all the time what a special bond grandparents have with the kiddos.

Maria said...

Make me weep! Super sweet.