Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Randomness

Yep, it's that time again. you know, the time where I make even less sense than normal. Randomness!

  • I had a discussion with my neighbor last night about what he should get her for Mother's day. She's hard to buy for. Really hard. One of his ideas was to get her a hotel room for the day and let her go there and do whatever she wanted, all by herself. I don't think he'll do it, but doesn't that sound AWESOME!
  • I've discovered that Michael is much more willing to eat dinner if I pretend to speak for the food on his plate and ask him to send "me" to the party in his tummy. Granted, I sound like a crazy person when I squeak out, "I want to do the esophagus slide, " but it works. Thank you Yo Gabba Gabba.
  • My mom is regaining her strength from her first round of chemo. She hasn't started losing her hair yet, but I've assured her that I have a pair of clippers and I'll trimmer her up nicely when she starts getting patchy. I'm strongly considering giving her a Mohawk.
  • Did I ever mention that when I was little, my mom used to take me to the hair dresser and tell the stylist to make me look like Shirley Temple? Guess what, I hated that.
  • Don't worry, after snapping a picture, I'd finish off my mom's hair and help her fit a wig.
  • We went to my neighbors' last night to celebrate their son's 5th birthday. When it was time to leave, Michael ran out of their house. After saying our goodbyes, we stepped outside and Michael was gone. No worries though, I glanced in our door and saw Super Mario Bros. on the TV and knew he was OK.
  • On the other hand, since when can my little baby learn how to: open doors, turn on the TV, navigate using two remotes to get a video game on, and play video games?
  • Yikes!

2 comments:

Mel said...

So far, I've managed to keep the remote controls a mystery. Not sure how much longer they will keep their mystique, but I'm glad we've lasted this long.

Carrie77 said...

Glad to hear your Mom is hanging in there and doing well!

Nathan is getting Mario Go Kart or whatever it is called for his 5th birthday. For some reason, I haven't had my Wii set up for quite some time, so this may be dangerous :)