Friday, June 10, 2011

Definitions

This is a conversation between Michael and I on the ride home from a not too great trip to the local outlets where a certain five-year-old may not have been behaving up to my standards.

Michael: Mommy, can we go to the bookstore?

Me: No.

Michael: Why not?

Me: Because of your charming behavior at the outlets.

Long pause while Michael considers what I just said, most likely trying to figure out a way to negotiate with me for a trip to the book store.

Michael: Mommy, what does "charming" mean?

Me: It means attractive or pleasing.

Short pause while I think about what I've just said.

Me: Also, the next word you may want to know the definition of is "sarcasm".

3 comments:

Julie said...

LOL!

Stacey said...

I love this, it's just too funny. We're currently in the "what does x mean" phase too.

Beth said...

Too funny. I can only imagine what it's going to be like when Michael fully grasps the concept of sarcasm!