Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Randomness

I'm having motivation problems at the moment. In fact, I was going to blog yesterday, but I just didn't have it in me. I had a whole post planned and everything. But, it just isn't going to happen. However, I really think I need to make an effort to get moving, so I think I'll hit you all with some randomness.

  • We went to my father in law's this weekend for a BBQ. After realizing that Michael had been gone for about 10 minutes, I went looking for him. I found him around the side of my father in law's house with his pants down getting ready to pee in the house.
  • I think my laughter may have overridden the lesson about not peeing on houses that I was trying to make.
  • Before the holiday weekend, I decided that I'm not having any beer until I drop the extra pounds I've put on lately. I realized I forgot to mention that to Andy when he came home with a case of Yuengling.
  • I liked Andy's plan better.
  • Michael has picked up a new habit of singing just one or two lines from a song over and over again. Songs include the original Mickey Mouse club song, the Mickey Mouse Club house song, made up words to "It's a Small World", and one of the songs off of the new Foo Fighter's album. It's driving Andy crazy.
  • It's not bothering me much (yet) and I even find myself singing along. I'm sure that's not helping Andy any.
  • Mickey Mouse!
  • Donald Duck!
  • After several tries, Michael has finally discovered that he really, really likes the Magic Tree House books so instead of reading several small books at bedtime, we are reading half of a Magic Tree House book. I'm very grateful for a little variety, and am excited for all of the other books we can start to dive into know.
  • This one's for Stacey - However, he does want to take the books to school with him. On today's ride he "read" several pages in mouse. So, it was an entire trip of him going, "squeak, squeak, squeak" and flipping pages.
  • An added plus with the books is that the Magic Tree House belongs to Morgan La Fey (not the Mists Of Avalon Morgan) and one of my mom's kitties is named Morgan. Michael loves this connection.
  • Squeak.

4 comments:

Karla said...

Those are great books. So many of my students love them!

Maria said...

Dude, we are going to eat our way through Boston! Worry about the pounds after July 4!

Stacey said...

Love it! I don't know how far you've gotten, but the Merlin Missions are the best ones.

Pounds, schmounds.

Beth said...

We love the Merlin Missions, too! Glad Michael finally found the books worthy! LOL