Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Missing the Point

This is a conversation between Michael and I that occurred the other day. We were listening to pop music and Michael heard the lyric, "We sleep all day so we can party all night."

Michael: So, I guess it's night where they are.

Me: Huh, what?

Michael: The people making the music. It must be night where they are since they sleep all day.

Me: Well, yeah, but...

Michael: Oh wait. Mommy, are they real?

Me: Real? Well, they are real, but the song is not live. It's a recording.

Michael: Oh, OK. So they recorded it at night.

Me: I think you are missing the point of the song. It's not a word problem.

3 comments:

claudia said...

Discussing song lyrics gets a little tricky with five year olds. I have been there a couple of times and then decided that we needed to change stations.

Beth said...

LOL! Sounds so familiar . . .

Faith said...

This is hilarious! I am looking forward to many conversations like this with my twins in the future.