- I was forced to tell Michael that "Hiney wiping is done in the bathroom, not the living room" this morning. And to think, I would have thought that was obvious.
- Today is Patriot's day at Michael's school. They asked that we dress our kids in Red, White and Blue. The non-conformist in me REALLY wanted to send Michael to school in his green "I'm Just Here To Annoy You" shirt. But, I resisted the temptation and sent him in wearing the appropriate spirit building colors.
- In the future, if Michael wants to go against the tide I will totally support him.
- Michael had a great day at school yesterday. When I asked him what was so good he told me that he had music class. Also, that he went to the bathroom. Um...Yay you?
- For a kid who never really got into music, he's become a huge fan of pop music lately. I've been trying to think of ways to encourage this, and the music class comment makes me think I should really get on that. How should I do this? Might it involve buying him a drum? 'Cause honestly, that doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
- And finally, the most shocking thing I've heard in ages happened this morning when I asked Michael what he wanted me to pack him for lunch. "Just pack whatever you feel like making." Really? Who are you and what did you do with my child?
Friday, September 9, 2011
It's the end of the week, so lets just go with the flow! I'll jump right in with the random: