Friday, September 9, 2011

Randomness

It's the end of the week, so lets just go with the flow! I'll jump right in with the random:

  • I was forced to tell Michael that "Hiney wiping is done in the bathroom, not the living room" this morning. And to think, I would have thought that was obvious.
  • Today is Patriot's day at Michael's school. They asked that we dress our kids in Red, White and Blue. The non-conformist in me REALLY wanted to send Michael to school in his green "I'm Just Here To Annoy You" shirt. But, I resisted the temptation and sent him in wearing the appropriate spirit building colors.
  • In the future, if Michael wants to go against the tide I will totally support him.
  • Michael had a great day at school yesterday. When I asked him what was so good he told me that he had music class. Also, that he went to the bathroom. Um...Yay you?
  • For a kid who never really got into music, he's become a huge fan of pop music lately. I've been trying to think of ways to encourage this, and the music class comment makes me think I should really get on that. How should I do this? Might it involve buying him a drum? 'Cause honestly, that doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
  • And finally, the most shocking thing I've heard in ages happened this morning when I asked Michael what he wanted me to pack him for lunch. "Just pack whatever you feel like making." Really? Who are you and what did you do with my child?

3 comments:

JenFen said...

Wow, maybe the whole kindergarten experience is going to open him up to all new possibilities - music and giving you the reigns over what to pack for his lunch. That's awesome.

I still think you should have sent him in the green shirt. That just would have been too hilarious.

We never had any hiney wiping IN the living room but in our old house we did have guests witness a bent over naked bottom from the bathroom as the kids yelled, "Can you come check?". Again, you would think it would be obvious they need to be more subtle when we have company but nope.

Oh yeah, and going to the bathroom at school for the first time is a big deal to my kids too. Just FYI.

DesiDVM said...

My kids love pop music too. I've made them a playlist of their faves and we have "music time" at home. Usually when they're starting to act too hyper/insane I just turn the music on and have them dance out the crazies :)

Stacey said...

Cole has always been into music, but mostly classical and musical soundtracks. Suddenly he wants to hear The Beatles all the time. Meanwhile, Will's always running around singing "Raise Your Glass" by Pink.

How about a drum pad with headphones?